Jojo and Caroline

Jojo and Caroline

Friday, September 3, 2010

Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium

Last week Joey made his first trip to a zoo. We went to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium with Ann, Kat, Sara and Lily. The kids had a great time exploring. We were also lucky enough to see the new tiger cubs. They were sleeping most of the time but still fun to see. Not sure if it is my zooology degree, but I quite enjoyed seeing all of the animals just as much as the kids. Although I do know I am pretty much only qualified to shovel the elephant dung, but oh well. I guess I can keep a zookeeper as a back up job.

We have now become members of the zoo for a year. We look forward to many more trips!

The kids all ready to explore.
The kids checking out the sleeping tigers. We will try back later to see if they wake up.
Kitty and the porcupine.
Kitty and Jojo see the porcupine.
Camel rides, but not until you are three.
Kat and Lily checking out the huge walrus!
ET the walrus.
Jojo having fun!
"Jojo, are you having fun?" "Yes Kitty, I am."
The kids height in comparison to a polar bear.
Cousins.
Jojo chasing after Kitty, as usual.
Finally the tigers are awake. "He's awake!" as Kitty would say.
Crazy, hungry goats at the petting zoo.
All tuckered out.

No comments:

Post a Comment