Jojo and Caroline

Jojo and Caroline

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July weekend Part I

Our Fourth weekend was great! We started on Friday with Matt having the day off and I had part of the day off. Matt golfed and Joey and I hung out once I was off work. That evening we went to have dinner at our local favorite Sapporo. Joey has taken a liking to the Japanese waitress. In fact he was refusing to eat when I fed him and let her do it. He also hates to have his face cleaned off but when his favorite lady did it, he was all smiles.

Joey at Sapporo
On Saturday, we cleaned up the house and did some shopping for our Fourth of July visitors Auntie Lisa and her BF Mr. Mike. Joey also tried his first popsicle from the sketchy popsicle man. He is probably a sex offender or druggy and we just hooked him up with cash for his habit. Oh well.

First lick of the Mega Firecracker
"It's a little tart Mom."
"Not sure I like this."
Joey's second nap Saturday was pretty late and he did not wake until 7pm. So that evening we decided to take a late walk on Ruston Way. They were setting up for the big Freedomfest to be held on the Fourth. Lots of vendors and activites to do. We did not go this year. Maybe in future years when Joey is older. It is pretty much an all day event.


Joey bundled up for his walk. Mum Mum treat in hand.

The beautiful mountain

Fourth of July we woke up late and had a relaxing morning. Joey even slept in for us. Joey was lucky enough to watch the Nathan's Hot Dog Competitive Eating contest held on Coney Island, NY. Joey was of course cheering for Joey Chesnut. The truth is, we really named Joey for Joey Chesnut, not Dad. Just kidding Papa Joe. Matt made me say that. Ha ha.


Sporting his 4th jammies
Joey Chesnut wins with 54 hotdogs in 10 minutes. Disgusting! Good thing he had Pepto in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment