So I worked things out with my IT guy and got the Blog functioning. Now I just need to come up with the time to do my millions of updates. Here is my first attempt at getting caught up.
We headed to Maui on September 27th and stayed until October 7th. We stayed at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach and had an amazing time!! I was so close to putting in my two weeks and staying on the beach. All the Mastro sisters were there with their respective families. All of our trips overlapped each other. We also got to celebrate Annie's 30th birthday while we were over there on October 6th by attending an amazing luau. (See pics in later postings) Good times were had by all and I think we all want to go back very soon.
Here are pics from Day 1, our travel day. It started very early as we had an 8:30am flight. It was all worth it, but I always hate waking Joey. He was a trooper of course. He got to head to the airport in his jammies, which he quite enjoys. Once we dropped off the car and got to the airport for check in, the fun began. We had so many bags is was ridiculous! I am sure TSA thought we were idiots. Oh well. I am pretty sure we neeeded all of it though, especially traveling with Joey. I wanted to make sure he was comfortable on the plane and did not scream. I did not want to be looked at as "Those people traveling with the baby who screamed the whole trip." Overall he did great on the way over. He actually took a couple of naps which was good and sat in his carseat for most of the flight. He did refuse to eat anything of substance and only took bottles and ate John Deere fruit snacks. Ultimately I didn't really care as long as he wasn't screaming.
It was a relief to land and finally get our rental car. We were shocked to be given a Mazda 6 as a full size car. But, once we loaded everything up, we agreed it qualified. We managed to get just about everything in the trunk and the rest went on the back seat. We then made the necessary trips to Costco and Walmart to pick up stuff for the condo. We had to get the important things like pool floaties and booze of course. After that it was off to Kaanapali. We loved our place and so did Joey. He got his tenth wind when we arrived and loved running around the condo yelling. "Ooh, ooh!!" It was nice as we had a king size Murphy bed in the place. We kept it up during the day so the kids had a place to run. We were so exhausted that we pretty much just unpacked and took a short walk, then went to sleep early. The three hours behind time change killed us. We eventually got adjusted, but coming home was not good. I still think we are not totally with it.
So here is day 1. There are 11 total, so I hope I don't lose any of you. Stay tuned for more in the days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment